For the past month, we’ve asked people if they plan to see The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug; whether it be on opening weekend, in theaters at some point, at home, or not at all. Overall, 18% of people plan to see the movie in theaters, while 18% will wait and watch it at home. Of those watching it at home, about 27% will rent it from a local video store, another 27% will watch the movie via On Demand, and 21% will rent it from Red Box/DVDPlay. We are sharing with you 18 of the largest differences of those who plan to see the movie in theaters:
- Moviegoers are 174% more likely to say the Lord of the Rings franchise is better than the Star Wars franchise.
- They are 113% more likely to be 29 years old and under.
- They are 212% more likely to go to the movies once a month or more.
- The Hobbit moviegoers are 2X more likely to say they enjoying hunting most among other outdoor activities.
- They are 86% more likely to say their life is not at all stressful right now.
- They are 131% more likely to still live with mom and dad.
- Moviegoers are 56% more likely to be males than females.
- They are 64% more likely to say they are single.
- They are 94% more likely to say they are addicted to their digital devices (computer, smartphone, etc.).